You are a Network Administrator who will help conquer the cloud. Working under the direction of the Chief Technical Officer, you will have opportunities to experiment, design, implement and support internal and external services for customer consumption. Our Jr Engineers get to interact and build cutting-edge technologies that become the foundation in which critical business applications operate. As a Network Administrator, you’ll assist with designing, implementing and documenting the solutions that will drive success for our customers. We want you because your talent, hard work and dedication will continue to drive us to the next level. If you’re interested in leveraging open-source technologies to deliver the next generation of cloud services and applications – this is your next job!
- Work with bleeding-edge technologies in the cloud computing space.
- Install, configure, update and troubleshoot fiber and copper infrastructure, network switching / routing and security technologies such as firewalls, intrusion prevention and network analytics.
- Collaborate with fellow administrators and support team members
- Obtain and maintain an in-depth understanding of Enseva’s product technologies, architecture and implementations.
- Participate in the transfer of information from one shift to the next.
- Document problem descriptions and detailed problem diagnosis with accuracy and compliance with established practices.
- Review and where necessary update the tracking of problems in trouble-ticketing system.
- Work outside of the box with team members to improve efficiency and implement new datacenter strategies.
- Finding creative ways to keep operating costs to a minimum.
- Continued development of technical capabilities.
- Basic knowledge and love of routing, switching and network security (specifically command-line)
- Prior work experience beneficial but not necessary
- Fundamental knowledge of networking and network services such as DNS, DHCP, etc..
- Fundamental knowledge of network technologies such as routing protocols, VLANs, Access Lists, etc…
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced, hands-on, start-up environment.
- Ability to make decisions and work with minimal direction.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- A positive, service oriented attitude
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Must be in close proximity or willing to relocate near Hiawatha, IA
- From time to time you may be required to work extra hours (with compensation) outside of your normal shift to accommodate internal or customer maintenance windows.
Team or role: Network Administrator
Work Schedule: Full time (5x 8hrs Sunday – Thursday)
Date Posted: April 28th, 2019
Job Location(s): Hiawatha, IA