You are a Windows Administrator who will help conquer the cloud. Working under the direction of the Chief Technical Officer, you will have opportunities to experiment, design, implement and support internal and external services for customer consumption. We want you because your talent, hard work and dedication will continue to drive us to the next level. If you’re interested in learning and working with bleeding edge Microsoft / Windows based technologies – you’ve found the perfect place!
- Work with bleeding-edge technologies in the cloud computing space.
- Install, configure, update and troubleshoot services such as Windows Server, Microsoft SQL, Hyper-V, Storage Spaces Direct, Azure (Pack + Stack), etc…
- Collaborate with fellow systems administrators and support team members
- Obtain and maintain an in-depth understanding of Enseva’s product technologies, architecture and implementations.
- Participate in the transfer of information from one shift to the next.
- Document problem descriptions and detailed problem diagnosis with accuracy and compliance with established practices.
- Review and where necessary update the tracking of problems in trouble-ticketing system.
- Work outside of the box with team members to improve efficiency and implement new datacenter strategies.
- Finding creative ways to keep operating costs to a minimum.
- Continued development of technical capabilities.
- Basic knowledge and love of the Windows Server operating system, specifically 2012R2 and 2016. Server 2019 experience a bonus.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Clustering or Storage Spaces Direct (S2D) a major plus.
- Experience with server, storage, network and monitoring environments a major plus.
- Fundamental knowledge of networking and network services such as DNS, DHCP, etc..
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced, hands-on, start-up environment.
- Ability to make decisions and work with minimal direction.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- A positive, service oriented attitude
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Must be in close proximity or willing to relocate near Hiawatha, IA
- From time to time you may be required to work extra hours (with compensation) outside of your normal shift to accommodate internal or customer maintenance windows.
Team or role: Jr Windows Administrator
Work Schedule: Full time (5x 8hrs Sunday – Thursday)
Date Posted: April 28th, 2018
Job Location(s): Hiawatha, IA