Please enjoy these fun Christmas related facts:
- Most of us have made it a tradition to send Christmas cards to our friends. If we consider Americans, then it is true that they send 28 cards on average annually to their near and dear ones. Most of the Americans will receive 28 cards yearly as well.
- Listen to the song “Twelve Days of Christmas” and count the number of gifts in the song. You will realize that gifts were exchanged 364 times. Thus the gifts are exchanged everyday of the year.
- The customary Christmas dinner in England included a pig head in mustard sauce. However, this is not followed anymore in England.
- The first state to recognize Christmas as an official holiday was Alabama in 1836.
- The poinsettia is a traditional Christmas flower. In Mexico (its original birthplace), the poinsettia is known as the “Flower of the Holy Night.”
- In Sweden, a common Christmas decoration is the Julbukk, a small figurine of a goat. It is usually made of straw. Scandinavian Christmas festivities feature a variety of straw decorations in the form of stars, angels, hearts and other shapes, as well as the Julbukk.
For more fun holiday facts, check out this website.